Who may enter?
The Global eBook Awards are open to authors, publishers, illustrators and photographers.
What is eligible?
- eBooks from authors, publishers, illustrators, photographers, self-published or traditionally published, regardless of company size. The Global eBook Awards are given to the best of the best, not the best of some special group.
- eBooks in the English language from any country.
- eBooks copyrighted or released (offered on a website) prior to 1 July 2011. Revised editions, with a more recent release date, are eligible. Revised editions are considered by the publishing industry to be new books (they usually have new ISBNs); they may be entered again in following years.
- eBooks fitting into one of the categories listed. Each title may only be entered in one category.
- Accepting entries: After January 1, 2011.
- EBook released anytime before July 1, 2011.
- Application deadline: June 30, 2011, midnight, Pacific Time.
- Finalists announced beginning July 20, 2011.
- Award ceremony in beautiful Santa Barbara: Saturday, August 20, 2011.
eBooks are evaluated as objectively as possible with scores on several items. Judging panels will consider cover design, content quality, layout when not straight text, originality, etc. Judges are industry professionals with experience in eBooks and in the category they evaluate. Decisions of the judges are final.
In addition to unique awards, gold foil “sticker” files will be given to Winners and Finalists to apply to their book covers and promotional materials.
How to enter?
- Declare eBook(s) entered by clicking on the Apply page and filling out the form.
- Pay for your declared eBook entries for verification and official entry.
- Follow instructions as they arrive by email.
- Call us if you have any questions.
Send payment with PayPal. Note there is a credit card option with PayPal. Checks may be sent to the PO Box noted below. You will be notified of the receipt of each entry and progress of judging.
Where to enter
On this site. Click on Apply, above.
The mailing addresses are:
Global eBook Awards
PO Box 8206
Santa Barbara, CA 93118
Global eBook Awards
530 Ellwood Ridge
Santa Barbara, CA 93117
What are the entry fees?
1–3 entries: $59. USD each. Normally authors, the copyright owner.
4 or more titles: $49. USD each. Normally publishers, the ISBN owner.